- Post Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Our Credentials
- 5 Reasons
- Choosing a Resume Service
- Why We Are The Best
- Why We Are Successful
- Our Personalized Services
- About Us
- Executive Resumes
- Professional Resumes
- Job Interviews
- Scannable Resumes
- Career Counseling
- Long Distance Resumes
- Helpful Hints
- The Power of Words
"with your great advice and awesome resume and cover letter ... it was out of 342 applicants in my area they picked me!!"- Ryan See more comments Act now
How to Choose a Resume Service
- Our role is to educate consumers so that they can make well-informed decisions. Listed below are scams to avoid and sound advice when selecting a resume writer or career coach.
What to Avoid
- Avoid the ultra cheap resume with all kinds of guarantees with a 24 hour turn-a-round. You’re going to get a cookie cutter, assembly line resume that will not impress anyone. You're better off doing it yourself and saving a few dollars.
- Don't be impressed with coaching and writing certifications that can be obtained in a matter of days. In fact, you can have a GED diploma and qualify for these certifications.
- Don't be impressed with someone whose background is academia. They are clueless about the real job market.
- Don't be impressed with someone who claims they were in human resources. A human resources person deals with policies, procedures and benefits. They are not experts in finance, operations, logistics, marketing, supply chain, etc.
What to Look For
- A resume writer and career coach must be a true renaissance person.
- They should have a MBA degree so that they understand business principles.
- They should have managed in a corporate environment and actively ran organizations like operations, logistics, marketing, IT, finance, etc.
- They should be familiar with multiple industries including manufacturing, retail, healthcare, banking, financial services, education, etc.
- They should have real credentials that took decades to obtain, including advanced degrees, publications, major consulting engagements, executive coaching, public speaking, etc.
- They should be familiar with market, industry and economic trends in order to help guide your career.
- Alfred Mariani is the real deal. Click on to Our Credentials to view his background.
- A credible resume service and career coach should have numerous testimonials, not just a handful of canned ones. Click on to Testimonials to view our success stories.
Copyright © 2012